DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Master of Science in Computer Science (M.Sc. Computer Science)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGDCS)
M.Sc Programme in Computer Science
The philosophy of the MSc programme in Computer Science is anchored on the unbiased and systematic observations, accurate documentation and interpretation of facts and phenomena with a view to generating a body of knowledge. The programme at Samuel Adegboyega University recognizes these and provides the students with a sound grasp of the technological processes in the physical development considered critical and suitable for national development.
In addition to the general regulation and guidelines on admission, a candidate shall normally possess a minimum of the following:
- All candidates must have five credits passes including English, Mathematics and two other relevant science subjects at Ordinary Level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from an approved university must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 3.0/5.0.
- Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and university PGD obtain CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into Master’s degree programme.
Duration of the M.Sc. Degree Programme
- Full-Time: A minimum of Three (3) semesters and maximum of Five (5) semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of five (5) semesters and maximum of Eight (8) semesters.
- For extension beyond the specified maximum period, a special permission of Senate shall be required.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE (PGDCS)
The philosophy of the postgraduate programme in computer science is anchored on the unbiased and systematic observations, accurate documentation and interpretation of facts and phenomena with a view to generating a body of knowledge.
The criteria for admission into the PDG programme are as follows:
- All candidates must have five (5) credit passes including English, Mathematics and two other relevant science subjects at ‘O’ level.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree from an approved university must obtain a minimum of pass degree in the relevant science discipline.
- Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved institutions with a minimum of upper credit may also be considered for admission.
- Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme shall run for a minimum of two (2) semesters and maximum of four (4) semesters.
- The Part-Time postgraduate Diploma programme shall run for minimum four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters.